You haven’t been feeling so energetic lately? Or you just want to give yourself a boost? Then try out this favorite power drink of mine. It is my secret weapon against stress and my emergency pick-me-up. When I drink my turmeric latte, I feel better immediately. I don’t know any medicine that works as fast and as effectively.
In case you haven’t already heard about the healing power of turmeric, I summed up some of it’s benefits:
- anti-aging: Turmeric is one of the spices that contain the highest number of antioxidants.
- anti-inflammatory: It lowers inflammation levels in the whole body.
- detoxification: Turmeric naturally detoxifies your liver.
- immune system: Its antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties keep you healthy and strengthen your immune system.
- digestion: It calms the digestive system and reduces bloat.
What you need to make one cup of Turmeric Latte
1 piece of turmeric root, or a spoon of tumeric powder
1 tsp of honey or agave nectar
½ tsp of pepper
½ tsp of coconut oil
1 glass of plant based milk
Why you should add pepper and coconut oil
If you use only turmeric and milk, your body will not be able to absorb a lot of the nutrients. To make them more available, add pepper and a source of fat. That way you make sure to benefit as much as possible from your turmeric latte.
How to prepare your Turmeric Latte
Heat the milk in a pan, but don’t let it boil. Then add the coconut oil, pepper and honey. Pour it into the blender, blend and voilà – your golden milk is ready to make you feel happy and healthy. PS: If you are using powdered turmeric, you don’t need a blender, just give it a good stir.
You won’t regret making this, I promise. It could even become one of your everyday staples.